Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Giant Pile of Rubbish





Here is Day 3 of our kitchen remodel. I am exhausted--today I have doubts about whether or not this remodel is a good thing. Tomorrow after the kids get on the bus we will head to Home Depot for supplies. On task for tomorrow is finish electrical,plumbing, and framing, then begin sheetrock.

We have started grade school basketball--Bret is Erin's coach! Jillian and Erin both have festival on Saturday (play piano in front of judge and are graded and compete for rosette). Kurt leaves every morning for basketball at 5:40 am. Luckily, his coach lives across the street from us, so he hitches a ride every morning (we are spoiled!) His games begin next week!

Thanks, Sha for the tip on making your own leg warmers! Check out the link: http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/2008/10/baby-legs-tutorial-make-your-own-leg.html.

p.s. Bret is really embarassed I am posting these ugly remodeling pictures. I am too, because our old house is really old. But...I'm doing it anyway.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

Looks like progress, you guys are busy! I cant wait to go find some knee high socks now to make some arm/leg warmers!

Jillian said...

This is amazing. I am so excited for you. That kitchen doesn't even look like yours.

Anonymous said...

I know a little bit how it feels to live in a mess for a while as we have done multiple remodeling projects over the years, but in the end it is always worth it. When we raised the ceiling in our kitchen and installed hardwood through the utility room, we had to move our fridge downstairs. It was truly an adventure, but it does give you an excuse as to why you can't possibly have a hot meal every single night, right?! Hope it's going good for you...are you decided on cabinets, colors, etc.? Do you still want to go see Peggy's kitchen? She said to just give her a couple days notice if you do. If you want, I'd go with you...just let me know. I still miss Primary, but am slowly adjusting to the busyness of my new calling. See ya! Tami