An Adrian graduate came back this summer after completing her bachelor's degree, and offered a writing camp for kids. I sent Jillian and Erin, and they had a blast! Erin got in the car after the first day and said "I can't wait to go back!". They did units on pirates, Robin Hood, and puppets, baked cinnamon rolls and made old maps. I even learned more about creative writing as the girls completed their homework! The girls filled out a survey the last day...one question asked "would you do this again next year?" Jillian answered "for sure!"
The girls and I made a candy bar bouquet to thank their teacher for her efforts. I thought I'd post it...it is a culmination of ideas I've gathered from many other blogs. The owl and paper sign are made from my Silhouette (I LOVE this machine! The longer I have it, the more I can do, the more I am totally in love. I can cut vinyl, and even do heat transfer and make my own t-shirts.) The paper flowers are fun to make and have a multitude of uses. Here is the link for a tutorial.
4 comments:
Fun projects, what BIG fun girls!
Sounds like summer will end way too soon!! Can't wait to see everyone!!
Seriously, Jen, you amaze me! Love the candy bouquet! You always come up with the coolest projects for your family to do, too. You're a great mama!
Jen I love heat transfer too! Isn't it so cool?
Post a Comment