Sunday, November 7, 2010

Long Time No Post

Jillian in the Sacred Grove
Lizzie in the pumpkin patch at the 1st grade field trip
Jillian taking on a tough defender
Kurt running the ball last weekend--this was a rough game!

Here are pictures of what we have been up to


Kurt is playing football, taking driver ed, early morning seminary, turned 16, blesses the sacrament, taking english for college credit. Adrian football team placed 2nd in the league, and we will travel to St. Paul (south of Portland) this weekend for their first state game. My schedule revolves around his schedule.

Jillian's team won 1st place in the league for volleyball! She is now playing basketball, taking piano and voice lessons, and is the middle school student body vice-president. Grandma Karleen, cousin Mikell, Jillian and I went to Palmyra, New York and saw some awesome church historical sites at the beginning of October. What a beautiful time of year! What an unforgettable experience! We did a session of baptisms for the dead at the Palmyra Temple, then looked to the view of the Sacred Grove. Shopping, eating out, Jillian flying for the first time--we had a blast!!!

Erin is taking piano lessons, playing the clarinet in the band, reading to compete in the Oregon Battle of the Books in spring 2011, loves ballet class, and keeps us in a constant state of laughter. She, at 10 1/2, is now brave enough to stay home with Lizzie while I chauffeur Kurt and Jillian. Both Jillian and Erin's 4-H dresses were selected to go to state fair in the fall. In Salem Jillian's dress won a blue ribbon, and Erin's dress won reserve champion!!!

Lizzie is taking piano lessons and ballet. On account of our schedules, Erin and Lizzie's piano lessons are at 6:30 am on Wednesdays. I'm not sure--are they over-scheduled? Lizzie is learning to read, and studies for her spelling tests. She LOVES math!

Bret has healed from his broken hips and pelvis. What a traumatic accident we had in August--thanks for all your prayers and support. He spoke in Stake Conference (Saturday night session) yesterday and shared "how adversity can strengthen our testimony". He did a great job. He has just finished beet harvest, and is getting ready to get into the acid sprayer. Yeah!

I am taking 10 credits this semester and am looking forward to graduation. I have 4 classes left, and will be taking on my senior project next semester. I can't wait to be finished!!!!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't even know you went to New York! How fun for you and Jilian! I think it looks like she has one white leg and one brown leg in the basketball picture...haha! Your life does sound busy, but they are all good things you're busy with. We are SOOO grateful for Bret's recovery and he did such an amazing job last night in his talk. I love to hear both of you speak and my bucket always gets filled to overflowing. I'm sure he's glad it's over, though. Good luck with all of your schooling to come...you'll continue to do great, I know! Sure love your family!

meg baker said...

What a beautiful family. I'm just sitting here admiring and hoping that my kids are as amazing as your kids... with the fun personalities to boot too:) Loved the Zombie costume.

wyomingerica said...

wow I won't complain about how busy I am. That is an early start.

Kiley said...

It's great to see pictures of your family! It's been so long since we've seen you. What a fun trip you and Jillian were able to take. Best of luck with your busy schedule!

Janetlee said...

I didn't know about Bret. If you have a minute can you give some details? anotherstreet@gmail.com.
I love seeing your kids grow. You asked if your kids were too busy....it sounds a lot like our schedule. I personally love it and enjoy seeing my kids have opportunities to learn and grow and shine. Best of luck in school. I have 7 classes left for a biology education degree.

Jillian said...

The amazing thing is I am tired reading this and I am only reading it....but you can keep it all straight and do it all and your NOT tired....your inspiring.

rymidaho said...

Great looking suit--we want to see the leather jacket as well. We love you guys so much and look forward to seeing you on Thanksgiving--might even be enough snow for you know what. Dad