i really enjoy my sector, the people are nice, they have a bit more money then the people in santo domingo, and its just great! I abosutely am loving the work now! I love my calling to be a missionary and see the changes in the lives of the people hear! how great it is to be a missionary!
Well my comp is from bogota, the capital of the drugs, he has been a member for four years no more! He doesnt know much doctrine, but he really has a strong testimony, and when i guide him, he is really a great missionary! I love this opportunity i am given to change him! He has told me the difference i have made in his life in only two weeks! I am very greatful for the strength the lord has given me the complete his work. After all, i am only a body sent here to be a connector rod for the people to feel the spirit through! It is so true that it is the spirit that converts, not the teacher! it is amazing to see the people feel the spirit through me and my companion!
President Ghent and his wife surpise visited our branch this sunday!! It was so cool to talk with them! I abosultey loved it! sister ghent talked to me for a bit and thanked me for my work with elder castañeda, she brought me cookies, and they were delicious! talk about absolutely wonderful!! They were american cookies too, and so i was in heaven! She told me that i was glowing with the love of the lord, and so i feel very greatful for the strength the lord hasgiven me to complete my work here as a missionary! I know that only through him do i have the power and authority that i have! The best part is that i have two years to enjoy and use this power! I really am so greatful for this sector and my companion, because i have grown so much in two weeks. So much! And i will continue to do so every day as i strengthen my faith in the lord! I abosulety love studying!! Have i told you that? I decided i am going to read the new testament this month, and so i am about to finish matthew. How wonderful and spiritully filled the bible is! I love to read of the miracle of the lord! And also how he chose his disciples. Not the rich and powerful kings, not the smart business owners, but the humble fishermen. That, is what i am. a simple fisher. BUT, like the apostoles, i have a wonderful calling to further the work of the lord. wow!! I love it here!!=)
Well, to prove the fact that yes, i am literally in the jungle, i have an awesome story! this wednesday my comp and i were contacting without success, and so we headed to a different part of our sector, closer to the jungle, and i found an electric cord plugged in to an electricity socket, and the cord lead out into the jungle. And so i took my comp and we headed out to find where this cord went. After ten minutes walking through jungle, i came out to a clearing, and there was a straight up village! It looked to house about 20 people, and they use this one electric cord to have their power, how cool! I didnt bring my camera this day, and no one was home in the village, and so we didnt do any contacting, but how cool!
Also this week we found a new family that had taken the discussions from some missionaries in the past, and so they invited us in to listen, and the wife told me how they had problems in their family, big problems like abuse, drugs, and cheating. and so i basically let them have it hard on the law of chastity. I told them that the only way you will ever see hapiness in your lives is if you either marry each other, or separate. you are breaking the law of god, and he will punish you if you continue. Stop and change now, and god will bless you with what you are looking for in this life. It is so true! Only what they need to do is obey god! Then they will have hapiness! Hapiness comes through obediance and NOTHING else! That is what i have learned this week more then anything else. OBEDIANCE is the key to hapiness in this life!
What else can i tell you about? well, the volcano is about an hour and a half away from me, its in my zone, but i didnt get to see it because the wind was blowing the ash the opposite dirrection. We heard it and saw it through the camera of an elder in our zone, but nothing more. I am dissapointed i didnt see it! There are tons of volcanoes here in ecuador actually!
Well, this is about all i have for you this week! Thanks for the updates! Stay strong and obediant, and the lord will bless you!
Love you all!
Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment