Thursday, April 10, 2014

Letter #28


Hey family! Good to hear from you all again! Glad all is well back home! 
Well, this week has been very short, i cant believe it is already monday again! This week was especially short, becuase we didnt get to head out of the house much. Elder Russon got parasites from the fish from last week, So we weren't able to leave the house, so it made for a long week in some ways, and a short week in others. We spent a ton of time studying, and we got into some pretty deep doctrine! We enjoyed ourselves quite a bit reading in doctrine and covenants and the book of revelations! So that was great! We also got bored enough to make cake! yes, we made two cakes this week! Isnt that so cool? They were good too! We made one for us, and one for the family robalino, who always give us food and time. They are so great! We have developed a pretty great relationship with them. I feel like i am back home when i am with them, they are just great! 
To answer questions, i never did burn my tie! We were too sick! I aboslutely loved conference, we took a few investigators, we are feeling better, (the size of the pills are giant!), and all is well! I loved the pictures of the tractors! Wow how things have changed! Spring is awesome! I havent experianced a change in the weather for six months, and it wont ever change for two whole years! So i am still burning up out here! But all is well.  
Well, things are still going good here in the mission, we didnt have any time this week to really check on investigators, so we got a ton of work to make up for this week. I hope we can get it all done! 
I did get to listen to conference! Although it didnt quite have the significance it did in english, i really enjoyed all the talks! my favorite by far is by the presiding bishiop, Gary E stevenson. He talked about and compared the olympics and the four minutes they have to demonstrate all they have to this life and how we have in reality only four minutes to demonstrate our desire to serve the lord! We have a ton to do in this four minutes! I especially loved the part about the australian snowboarder who helped a competitor feel better, and how he applied that to us helping others in their four minutes of life. We can do that! We can help others live their four minutes of this life to the highest way we can. it is for that that i am here in the mission. I am here to help others follow christ while they have the opportunity to do so. What i great talk! By far it is my favorite, and we can use that talk and apply it to our lives. I love that our church is governed by christ through his chosen leaders. We truly recieved the word of god this last week, and i hope that we can apply every word we heard to our lives to better ourselves. After all, not every church has a living prophet!=) 
I love you all tons, and i wish the very best for you all! I am praying for you all and wish the best for you! Have a great week! I look forward to talking to you all again!
Elder Nielson

2 comments:

Countrylivn' said...

great letter again, I am sad they are still so sick. I hope they can shake it soon. Thanks for posting, I have been watching for it and we love reading his letters together. The kids especially love the pictures! Hope you are all well and not too tired of LONG spring hours already!!!

Jillian said...

The presiding bishop's talk was one of my favorite's too! Love to hear how great he is doing--- He is such a good example!