Monday, April 14, 2014

Letter #29

hello family! 
How is everything going back home? Glad to hear all is going well! Wow, is it really already spring? It really feels like it still is fall when i left! Interesting! 
Well, life is going good here! We are all healed up and back to working! We have our health guides and all that health guideline stuff, so we are good to go. We worked all this week, and had a good time! It is more difficult to find new people here it seems like, becuase i feel like i have contacted every house of my sector! But, of course there are always more people to find! I dont know how in the world other missionaries can be in their sector for 6 or 7 months! It would drive me crazy! Changes are coming up this week, and so it will be interesting to see what happens, we really dont know! Usually we can guess, but it will be interesting, this change. I would like to be in a different sector, the work is pretty difficult in a branch when there are so many big churches next to our tiny building, but then again, i might not get the chance again to be in the jungle, so I guess I am fine with whatever happens. So just know if i dont wright next week, it is because i am in a bus travelling. We will recieve changes sunday night at 9, then after we will head on out first thing in the morning to our new sectors. So yeah, ill keep you updated.
This week in working we have focused a lot in the family medranda, the old guy with cancer and his daughter? They are progressing greatly. they have all the lessons and have accepted all. so they just need one more church attendance in order to be baptized. So we are hoping they will show up this next week, and we can baptize them the next saturday. I may or may not be there, but i dont want to tell them that because it would break their hearts..so we will see how that goes too! 
This week the assistants surprised us with a visit. It was pretty fun doing divisions with them. We learned a lot, and all went well. So nothing out of the ordinary to report there.
We had a way fun activity this week! for pday early today we went to puyo, (two hours away in bus) to go to a zoo that the military owns! It was a way fun time, we went with the zone and finally got to enjoy a pday! I am sad that we havent been able to have pdays for the past two months, but we are celebrating once again! When we entered the military complex, they were really strict with us and made us walk all of the crosswalks and stuff, it was pretty funny! But we walked about three miles down and there we found the fun zoo with the river and all. It was a fun time, and it was good to relax a little. Si it was a good (maybe final) pday here in the oriente.
That is so cool the strawberries! They will all be ready when i am home! I am excited to see them all! Good work with the extra ground! It is this kind of thinking that changes the world! I have learned that a lot since being here, and am excited to apply "thinking out of the box" to my life and future. 
Well, this is all i got for you this week! I asurre and promise you all that we are all good now! Healed up and 100 percent once again! Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts! I love you all tons! Have a wonderful week and never forget the lord in all you do!
Love,
Elder Nielson 

No comments: