Monday, May 12, 2014

#33

Hey fam! 
It sure was good to see you guys! I really enjoyed talking to you all! You all have grown and changed so much! What a pleasent surprise! I timed for how long I was trunky for after the call, and it lasted until we started ward conference, so about 7 minutes! So yeah, its getting a lot easier to be here and not to think about home! But it was definitely a wonderful experiance to talk to you all! Thank you for being there!

Well, it has been a really good week this week. I am learning how to be an effective missionary. We are teaching tons of lessons, and bringing lots to church too. We brought six to church this week, which according to the branch President is the record here in his time as President. So that is a nice title to have, and I hope that we can get them all in the water. We had a family have their interview this weekend, but they had a few problems that they have to clear up with President Ghent or his Conselors. So we called the counselor that is in charge of our area, and he couldnt make it down this week. So we were pretty bumbed about that we would have to wait a whole extra week in order to baptize them, so I gave President a call to let him know our plans. When I called him and told him who I was, he asked how everything was going and I told him that we would have to wait in order to baptize this family. So he thought for a minute and said that he would come and interview them this friday. Yes, President Ghent is going to travel three to four hours just too interview my investigators. I was very shocked but happy, so that is way cool! Itll be exciting to be there with him during a lesson, but pretty scary at the same time, so we will see how it goes! When I told the ZLs the plans, they couldnt believe that President was coming down, so I think its pretty rare that something like this happens, so im pretty content. Hopefully we see some baptisms soon here and get this branch moving again. Its been a really long time since the missionaries have had baptisms in Pelileo.
I am going to Quito tomorrow too for a leaders meeting, so I can talk to President there too. So that will be a fun little trip. Although I am worried about leaving my sector for a whole day. We will see how it goes.
The leaders of our zone went and did a service project in Ambato this saturday out in the middle of nowhere for a family making a little tiny barn, so it was fun to help with that for a few hours! It is pretty out there and I took a few photos.
About Fabios daughter that wasnt baptized: We all prayed together, becuase if she was baptized there would be no way for her to attend church, and we would be basically damning her, and so we decided together with President that it would be better to not baptize her. She will move back into a town with the church and find it and be baptized later. So that is what we decided with her. It is better for her although it is one baptism less for us. So I am happy for that decision and feel good about it. 
Well, there isnt much more to send this week! We have talked about everything during the skype call, so I will fill you in on the next week next week! 
I love you all tons! Have a wonderful week!
Love, 
Elder Nielson

No comments: