Well, it has been a super fast, super tiring week! We have had a Ton of things happen this week, and i hope i can tell you them all without forgetting anything!
To start out, I left my companion in ambato and headed with two of the other district leaders of my zone to Quito for the day. It was a fun trip, and we laughed and played quite a bit. It was a long trip, about 4 hours, but we finally made it to quito and sat and listened for 8 hours. Yes, 8 hours of sitting, listening, and doing practices. Ouch! Wow, we were all about done by time 9:00 came around. But I learned a ton on how to be a better leader, so i hope to apply it to my life as a missionary and individual as well. I definitely enjoyed seeing Elder Peralta, the missionary that trained me there! It was a fun reunion with a ton of old friends that i had met earlier in the mission. After we finished the meetings, the senior companions made us lasagna! So i enjoyed a great american meal complete with ranch!! Afterwards, all the missionaries that work outside of quito got settled into the mission hotel where we were going to sleep at night. But i got a call from the assistents, and they told me to sneak over with Elder Bennion (Another missionary from my group that is a DL) to their house, which was right across the street. So we stayed the night with the assistents. It was a way fun night! We played jenga, and the loser had to drink half a liter of water. So we played for a few hours until we couldnt drink anymore water, and finally went to bed. It was a fun night for sure. The next morning before we left I talked with President Ghent and his wife, and we set up plans for the interview that very night. Sister Ghent asked me if there was anything i needed, and i told her brownies and ranch packets jokingly, but she came through and brought me a ranch packet with brownies! I was a very happy missionary when they showed up! I made it back home to pelileo at 3, deader then dead! At four President and his wife and the assistents arrived, and we took them to our house so they could review it to make sure it was clean. Sister Ghent wanted me to tell you guys that she is extremely impressed with our cleanliness by the way! After that we went to the church for the interview of the family guaman. They passed! So we planned their baptism for saturday. By time i got home that night, i was so dead tired! I turned in the informant to the zls, and fell asleep in my church clothes.
Everything else in the week went well, and we did end up baptising the family guaman. So it was definitely a great week! I wasnt able to work too much in my sector because i spent most of the week traveling to quito and back and then after ambato and back twice, but i was happy with how it went. I hope i can recover from being so tired! It has been a hard working week! But it produced fruits nonetheless. We hope to have a few more baptisms this week, but i wont tell you who they are until after their baptism to avoid being jinxed.
Ok, well, I have a ton of stuff to do this week, so i better get started now!
I love you all tons! Thanks for the letter!
Love,
Elder Nielson
No comments:
Post a Comment