Glad to hear you had such a productive week! It sounds like you all did well and had success! Good good!
Well, this week flew by faster then the last week, which flew by faster then the last, and so on and so on...the routine seems the same, but it always different in such a wonderful way! I am doing all i can to adjust here to the climate and height. Its been pretty tough on the body! I have actually been sick for a while, but it doesnt stop me from working at all. the weather here is always cold, so i go with my short sleeve shirts and my sweaters, they work great! Haha, i can only imagine what Dallin would say to me whining about 50 degrees being cold when he is in below zero! But its because i have been in the heat for half a year, and so trying to change so drastically definitely takes its toll on the body!
Well, progress of the week: All is going well! We brought three people to church, which is really great for this sector! The people here are a lot harder then the coast and jungle like what i have been in, and so for that the work here is a ton slower. But, we are doing well with quite a few people with dates for baptisms! I am really proud of my district this week. Last week the sisters didnt bring anybody to church, and so I did my training on that, bringing people to church and how. I talked for 2 hours on that, and we did a few practices and all. I taught them all how i ask people to come to church, and all the ins and outs of what they should do, and after we ended our district meeting the zls did a little training too. They talked about church assistence as well, because it is something lacking in our zone, and they asked my sisters to do a practice in front of the whole zone, and they got up and completely did perfect in their practice lesson, and everyone was very impressed. Afterwards, the sisters said: We learned this way from Elder Nielson! So, I was a pretty proud missionary for that day! It is completely weird having sisters in my district though...I havent had a single sister in my zone before, let alone be in charge of them! I have recieved some calls late at night or early in the morning asking for help for random things. I literally had to bale off of a bus this morning because we headed into ambato, and right when we were about to leave pelileo, the sisters called and said they needed help carrying "verde" hard unflavored bananas used to make chips, to the bus stop, and so i had to grab my companion and bale off the bus (they never stop completely) in order to help them before the bus left town...totally know how you felt dad! But i guess its good to learn how to deal with women now rather then later..
I am doing great, I feel well, and i absolutely Love the mission. There is no where else I would rather be! It is such a great experiance and i am a totally different person then when i left. (Not only because i cant speak english all that well), but also becuase my testimony in the lord has grown so much. I understand the purpose of this life. I understand, and believe with all of my heart, mind, and soul that this is the only church, and the only way, that we can live with our heavanly father again. I love him, and i love his son jesus christ. I know that they live, and love me. They are what is sustaining me here now. They have shaped me into the person i need to be, and for that i will be forever in there debt. Many people think that the mission is a way to pay the debt the lord has offered us, but i personally believe that it puts us more in his debt. I am in his hands. He guides me, and I will follow him in whatever way he wants. I have gained a very strong testimony of this in the past weeks here, and i am eternally greatful for all that he has done, and will continue to do. I have completelly forgotten myself in the work of the lord..I literally dont have any time to think of home...Its great! I am up late at night for the most part sending in the progress to the zone leaders, or waiting to recieve the informe of the district. So when i hit the bed, I am literally out! Out Out! Until 6:30 when it all starts back up again! Its an intense life, but a very fun and fulfilling one!
We might have baptisms this week, but i dont want to jinx it, so ill tell you if they get baptized. I have been jinxed too many times so far telling you guys who is gonna be getting baptized when, so if it happens, ill let you know!
The people here are WAY different! It is literally different worlds here in ecuador. It is amazing the change in cultures! I am walking in the city for the most part, (which hurts my feet! I am used to dirt!) and the people are generally smart, and have successful lives. For that it definitely a change of contrast to the coast, santo domingo, and the jungle, tena. Everone in the zone looks at me like a legend for surviving tena, not many missionaries are called there, so i am happy for that opportunity i had to serve there.
To fill you in on what i know about the skype call: NOTHING! I called my zls just a second ago to ask them, and they called the APs, and well, so far there isnt any information! I am sure they will give of the chance to call you or email you during the week to let you know the plans, so i will probably email you during this week so we only have to talk once that way. I am excited to talk to you guys! Itll be way fun Im sure! I havent really thought about it much, ive been pretty busy..Ill have to think of some things to say! Be thinking of some stuff too ok? If i call you, I will call at 2:30 my time, so i am not sure what that is back home..It is about the only time I got open...
Well family, I didnt have any time to take any pictures this week either, but i took some this morning from my apartment window, so ill send them to you!
The life of a missionary is wonderful. I love it here, and all is well! Thank you for writing me! I love to hear from you all! I love you all so much! You mean the world to me and i am here representing you and all that you have taught me. Thank you for everything! I love you!
Have an amazing week! Always turn to the lord for what you need!
See you guys next sunday!
Love,
Elder Nielson
No comments:
Post a Comment