Hello family!
Once again it is pday! How is that possible? It is so hard to believe that the weeks just fly by so fast!
Well, it has been a busy week, with lots of happenings. To start out, I will just tell every without hesitating. I hugged a woman. Yes. You read right! Quite a funny story. So President Ghent and his wife will be ending their missions this next week, and so they came and we had a goodbye meeting with four zones of missionaries! It was huge! Like 60 missioneries were there. It was quite the great experiance. President and his wife bore their testimonies, and they were both so powerful! I have defintely grown tons from them and their help from me. If you can, find them on facebook and thank them for me. Afterwards, we had a time to take photos with president and his wife. President told us that we had permission to hug his wife, and the sisters could hug him, so it was a big hugfest for a while. Definitely a weird feeling! But it was very nice to get to say goodbye to them in that way. I will miss them very much, but i am also looking forward to elder Christensen and his wife! They will be great! I just know it!
A story from the work that i would like to share with you guys is about a family that is less active in the church. They left the church 8 months ago. The day after they were baptised, the bank took literally everything from them. their car, their house, everything. They were left on the street. Luckily their family was there to give them living spaces, but they literally had to start over with their lives. Many people told them that they were being punished for being baptised in the mormon church, and they felt the same way. They burnt all their books of mormon, and left the church completely. The husband started drinking, and everything was a mess. One day, the son finally had enough living the way his family was living, and so he went to church, and he met up with us. We have started to visit them, and they can already see the difference in their lives. They are starting to do family prayers once again, and also scripture study. (PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE READING AND PRAYING TOGETHER EVERY DAY) They are still struggling money wise, but there is a ton more peace and hapiness in their lives, and we will continue this way with them! We are helping them realize that sometimes god gives us trials like that to help us grow. I understand more then ever the purpose of this life. We are hear to gain experiance. What type of experiance would we gain if everything was easy? No experiance in reality. So for that reason, we experiance trials. So we can grow and mature and change into the perfect being that the Lord will make us in to. I realize that here in Pelileo. Every one of the missionaries I have talked to have told me sorry for being in the secotr I am in (It is famous for being super hard) and having the companion I have. But, instead of thinking that things are hard, I am trying to grow. And I am growing! I have developed my patience level greatly these past few weeks, and I know if i keep going, everything will turn out allright.
I did a baptismal interview for the sister missioneries this last week with a man that lives all by himself. He has had a tough life, and we talked about everything. I felt that I really helped him to feel better about himself. He feels that he is completely worthless, and that no one loves him. He has thought about suicide for over 5 years now. But I helped him, in the interview, to realize that he had a purpose here, and that his decision to be baptized will bless him for the rest of his life. I will be baptizing him this saturday.
So there is my week for you all! Thank you for writing! It means a ton to have such great support! I love you all tons!
with love,
Elder Nielson
No comments:
Post a Comment