Well, this week has gone by too fast to remember much, but we did get to meet our new president! We had a big reunion of three zones again, and we got to meet him and his wife and his 15 year old daughter. They all seem like really great people! We had a great time listening to president christenson and his plans for the mission. It was really interesting to hear the different plans he has. We will definitely be changing a lot of things around here, so we will see what happens! It was way funny, because the day we met them was the fourth of july, and so we were all together, about 50 missionaries. We were waiting for him in the church for about half an hour, and so as a joke me and another gringo from my zone started to sing the national anthem. By the end of the song, all the gringos were singing. It was hilarious, and fairly patriotic. So we did our country proud haha.
My companion and I have also decided that we could be catholic monks, becuase we beat the staircase of faith! Haha, it is a huge staircase in a little pueblo of our sector called Patate. They are way religious because of a huge earthequake that happened about 40 years ago. out of a crevice, supposesdly popped out a huge idol of jesus christ. So now, they worship this idol as the lord of the earthquake in the catholic church there. So that is kind of a funny story. So we went tothis little city and climbed the staircase. It was way beautiful, and now we can say that our faith is complete!
I also am a little concerned for the weight I have last here in pelileo. It has been about ten pounds. I have felt decently healthy, but not perfect, so i finally went in to a clinic and took tests. I sent in the results to the mission nurse, and she said I have a type of parasite she has never heard of before. So we have been talking to a doctor here in quito, and we got me some pills to help take care of the problem. I have to take thirty pills in ten days, and afterwards i hope to feel completely healthy and back to one hundred percent once again! So things are getting better here.
This is the alst week of transfers, and I really would like to stay, but i think i will be heading out next week. I have really felt good here in pelileo! It feels like a second home to me. I love the people of the branch here! It will be really tough to go. I am definitely planning on taking you all here to know it! It would be perfect to spend time at. So i am enjoying time here with the members, and also with my converts. I guess we will see what happens next week when changes happen. There are 39 gringos in the mtc waiting to come to quito now. I will repeat that. 39 new missionaries will be coming into the mission this change! I dont know where will we find space for them, so it will be interesting what president will do.
Well, this is my letter for the week! Thanks so much for the letter and pictures! I love you all tons!
Love,
No comments:
Post a Comment