Hello family!Well, once again another week has passed! It seems that the days go by faster and faster and the days get crazier and crazier! I have tons to write today, and so I hope I can remember all of it.To start out, on the way home from district meetings thursday, my district and I were riding in the bus (40 minute bus ride from ambato to Pelileo). when we had gotten about half way, and old guy (80?) got on the bus. He started talking to me, asking me if i was licensed or not. I told him that we were missionaries, and so again he asked if i was licensed, i told him we share the word of god, and he got really happy and thanked me for my work. Then, he asked me where I was from, and told me I was very handsome. I about died! This guy was flirting with me! I took a peak at all my district after he said i was handsome, and they were all just dying listening to this guy. Everyone was laughing there heads off, and i was stuck there listening. yep. But finally we made it back to Pelileo, and i booked it off the bus!The next day, I recieved a call from the asistans that we were going to have emergency changes in my zone and district. New missionaries from peru have come in because of troubles with their visas, and so we made new room for them. I will just say, it was a long hectic night! I was up until 12 talking with my zls, trying to comfort the crying sisters, and trying to get the changes all set. But, everything went well, and in the end, only the sister Cueto had to leave. She headed out for quito, and in came the sister lopez. So that is fun, and it wasnt all that hard. I just had to deal with lots of mixed up plans, and tons of drama.The day after, we had the baptism of a guy named Oscar. He is a great guy. About five feet tall, and 250 pounds! Yeah, take a look at the picture. Every time the sisters called in their informants, they would ask "are you lifting your weights for this saturday?" haha, but yeah, i was able to baptize him without a problem, and all went well. What was crazy was before the baptism! We headed to fill the font, and elft again to grab my baptismal clothes. this day there was a huge dance/festival where the whole town of Pelileo walks the main street with tones of music and dancing. (See the photos) We were booking it passed all of them so we could be on time for the baptism, when I watched a guy light a barrel of bottel rockets. (the bottel rockets from ecuador are basically what we have as mortars, but on sticks, like bottel rockets.) Then, i watched the bucket get tipped over, spilling out about 15 fireworks, facing my companion and I, and a high school marching band. I grabbed my companion by the back pack and pulled him behind a car, and covered my head. I heard at least three mortars hit the front of the car and explode. After they all stopped, I ran to check and see if everyone was all right. Everything seemed to be ok, most of the drums of the marching band had been deystroyed, but all the students but two seemed to be all right. Luckily, there was an ambulance right behind us, and they got the two treated, and headed them to the hospital. I honestly have no clue how i saw the fireworks spill over, because there was probably fifty people in between me and them. But, I guess it was by divine guidance that we were saved. I am very greatful for the lord every day. I see miracles every day, and as long as i do everything in my power to follow him, he will bless and protect me! I am not scared, because I know he will protect me! I feel like I can boast in the lord all day long and the miracles he works. What a testimony builder for me!Well, there is my week! Thank you all so much for writing! I love recieving your letters! It is always a special day to read your love for me. I love you all so much as well, and I am earning my eternal spot next to you all in the celestial kingdom every day. Have a wonderful week!Love,Elder Nielson
Thursday, July 3, 2014
Letter #40
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment