Monday, October 20, 2014

#56

Hey family! Well, I have an absolute ton to write about this week, it has been super busy! I always have something to be doing, and so i feel good with myself and the work i am doing. I am glad to hear all the fun things that are happening back home! I can see many blessings in the lives of our family for our obedience to the commandments of god!
Well, to start the week off, we had a Leader's council on tuesday. We talked once again about the happenings in the mission, in what we did well the past month, and how we can do better the next month. It really is a great experiance to be there, because it is a time to be able to share ideas with the other missionaries. We all come from different backgrounds, and our minds all work in different ways. But when we are united in the same cause, it really is special to feel the spirit and let it influence us there in the meeting. We learned many great things and we are now planning on appyling these things to our zone and mission as well. 
After the meeting, President took me aside and talked to me about a missionary in my zone. The poor guy had some serious health problems, and president finally decided that it would be a good time for him to end the mission. It was a bit of an emergency, no one was expecting it, but that tuesday they had the plane ticket and all was set for him to head back home in lima, peru. So after the meeting, we headed over to the offices to say goodbye to him and take his companion with us. His companion is named elder Aguirre, he is from texas,  but his parents are mexicans. He is a super cool guy, and he has four months in the mission. He is super shy, and at first didnt like to talk too much. But, before the first day was over, we had him talking and laughing with us. That first night, we put our two twin beds together and slept three there! Haha oh was that fun! We adjusted to the life of being in a trio, and he stayed with us for the week. It was great to help him come out of his shell, and by the end of the week he was talking even more then we were! He thanked us for the conifidence boost, and told us that he had learned so much from us. It was a great blessing to be with him for the week. 
Last night at about 7 I recieved a call from the assistents telling me that him and another missionary from the zone would be leaving with emergency transfers, so we knew we would be having a busy P-day today. 
This morning we woke up at about 6 to head over to the sector of elder aguirre to pack everything up to help him get to his knew sector. By time all the dust had settled, we arivved at the terminal at about 1:00! I felt like i was running around in a millionplaces at once, but we finally got straightened all things and we are now just waiting for the new missionary that will be coming in to take the place of another missionary here who had transfers. So, needless to say, when i found a computer and sat down and started reading letters, I remembered it was my birthday!!   Wow! I cant believe I am twenty! Oh how time flies...Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Also another crazy thing that happened this week is that we had a zone conference with President and his wife and the assistents. My companion and i prepared our capacitation, and all went well! We were really happy for the spirit we felt and the encouragement we gave to our zone. We talked about the importance of contacting everybody. Everybody in this world is a son or daughter of god, and they all deserve the chance to return to him. For that very reason, we talk to everyone and invite them all to come  unto christ; to be able to return to the father. Without our work, it would be impossible for these people to come unto christ. We set goals to contact every family that we pass by to help everyone we can gain eternal life. It was a great lesson, and i personally learned so much from what we taught! Every deserves the chance to be happy, and we are expected to help everyone be happy through the gospel. What a big responsibility! But, with the help of the lord, we can find the people that are prepared by him to accept his principles. I recieved a call from the secretary  of the mission, sister nuttal, a wonderful elderly lady, and she told me that the family pallaroso was sealed in the temple! What a wonderful birthday present!! I really feal blessed to help make these changes in the lives of the people here in ecuador. I will be forever in the debt of the lord for letting me live such wonderful experiences.
Things are going better here in our sector! We are gaining the confidence of the members, we are finding people, and we are bringing them to church! We are really happy for the progress we have seen in a week. It just goes to show that hard work pays off! We hope to be able to keep seeing miracles according to our faith and diligence. Thank you all for the support! It means so much to have such a wonderful team supporting me! I love you all tons! 
Well, this is all I got for this week! I am sure i will tell you more later on. A member family invited us to celebrate my birthday tonight, so it will be fun! I love you all so much! I am praying for your well-being! 
Love,
Elder Nielson   

No comments: