Well, this week has been so much better then last week! We have been finally able to work! It really drives me crazy when we cant work! So this week has been a great relief for me. We spent quite a bit of time in our sector this week, so we are really happy with that! The zone is having success, and so are we, so i am defintely pleased!
the family tagua, the family of four that we have as investiagtors, are still going through a lot of problems with money. They had a lot of success in the week of carnaval selling foam spray, but, the husband saturday night went and lost 150$ betting in volleyball games. When sunday morning rolled around, only the wife and kids attended church because he went to work to make up for the money that he lost. That night, my companion and i talked to him privatley, and we gave it to him pretty hard for being so inprudent with the money that they need so bad. The wife and children have accepted the gospel and want to be baptized, but we want to wait for the husband so they can all be baptized together..we will see how things go with them! We also had a few baptisms this saturday! It was a great experiance because we have reactivated a family of four, the family palacios. He was able to baptize his son, and i also baptized another kid who´s family we reactivated. The work of salvation is great! We are going to continue looking for more people for the future.
On tuesday carnaval officially come to an end, so my comp and i took advantage and filled up about 30 water balloons and at lunch time we went up to the roof of our apartment and soaked the people that passed in the streets! Revenge!!! Haha it was so fun! We need to implement that holiday in the states!
This week President and the Assistents came down to Riobamba to talk to us about the sectors and a little more about forming the stake in riobamba. My companion and I talked to them for an hour, and it was a great experiance to make plans for the future. We are seeing a huge change in Riobamba, in the missionaries and in the members, and I personally am really pleased for the difference here! it turns out that my sector is so big, that is goes to the border of Peru!! But, President told us taht we couldnt go clear over there, although it is part of our sector haha!
We had a great P-day today! We have been playing basketball every p-day for the last 2 months, and it is great! It is me and my comp and elder lopez and elder hunt. They are two great missionaries and buddies of mine. We played for three hours today! It sure is fun to have fun! Afterwards, we played uno in the chapel with the whole district. The losers had to buy Bon-ice, an ice cream down here, for everyone. The sisters lost, but, they were smart and took off running before they had to pay. It was definitelly a great day!
The zone is doing much better now! We are starting to pick things up and get them running again! Almost everyone in the zone has someone that has goals to be baptized, which is very great here in riobamba!
My comp is a good guy, we work hard, and he is humble, so we get along well! Sometimes he asks me silly stuff and says awkward things to the people, but, I sure get a laugh out of him! I am happy with him! I am helping him to be a leader here in the mission, because soon he and other missionaries with lesser time will be the leaders of the mission.
I am happy, all is well with the zone and my sector, we are working hard, I am focused in the work, and not as tired as i was before! The time is flying bye, but, I am enjoying every day! I love you all so much! I always pray for you and wish the best!
I hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Elder Nielson
No comments:
Post a Comment