The other day Jillian and I were working in the kitchen. Our conversation turned to the future, and what it will bring. She said "it will be so fun when I get older...you will come and visit me and we will cook in the kitchen together, and then do some sewing projects". I was thrilled at her comment, because I am excited for the future and the fun mother-daughter times we will have.
Then I stopped...what I am looking forward to is happening everyday.
Then I stopped...what I am looking forward to is happening everyday.
This is my joy!
5 comments:
I love that Jen! So sweet. Isn't it true that sometimes we forget to look at the gift the present is. Welcome to the blogging world!
It's true, Jen! Just tonight I was fixing the kids dinner; and my oldest son, who is 11, looked at me from across the counter, and asked for the first time how my husband and I met. I was stunned. "Do you really want me to tell you?" I responded. He assured me he did.
This may seem like a little thing. But my kids haven't ever asked me what life was like before I was a mother. He listened with fascination at each detail. He's growing up. We saw each other with different eyes tonight. We saw each other as people, not just as a mom or a son. So cool!
How sweet. I think that is one of the best complements a mom could receive. I hope my daugher wants to do those things with me someday. Thanks for sharing.
Your blog looks great.
Jen, so excited to see you blogging. We miss you and can't wait for Erin's baptism
Post a Comment