Thursday, June 26, 2008

Merry Maids


I have to report on a great event that happened the other day. A gopher hole was leaking in the field and Kurt and I needed to fix it (don't feel sorry for me...it is great exercise!). I couldn't leave the girls home to play as Kurt went to work, so as I left, I assigned Jillian and Erin to:
1. Quick clean the 3 bathrooms (sinks, mirrors, clutter, cabinets, floor)
2. Erin fold 2 loads of laundry
3. Jillian mop kitchen and utility floor

I assigned these jobs assuming that they likely wouldn't be finished when I came home...but SURPRISE! And HOLY COW! All the tasks were completed. Don't forget Kurt in the story either--we're not perfect just yet--some days there is moaning and groaning--but they are all learning how to do chores without complaining. It reminds me of a song:

When we're helping we're happy
And we sing as we go
And we like to help mother
For we all love her so

To listen to this darling song click: http://www.lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=2&searchseqstart=198&searchsubseqstart=b&searchseqend=198&searchsubseqend=b

Love you MY KIDS!!!

2 comments:

Summer Freeman said...

What's the trick? Do share!!

M&M_Mama said...

I always knew you had GREAT kids! I can't wait for the day for my kids to help with laundry. Right now I have to trick them and play the "Sock Matching Game" and Mesa is good at folding towels but someday I'm going to get great help...yeah! Good thing they have good role models in the next door neighbor kids!