Today is my sister's birthday!!! I love her and I am so glad she is in my life. These are some of the reasons I like her:
She is very easy to converse with. She listens to what I am saying. If she needs to give her opinion, she does, but sometimes she just listens. I have watched her meet new people, and I observe she seeks to set that new aquaintance at ease with warm, easy conversation (how does she do it?). She is never condescending and seeks to uplift everyone she comes in contact with.
She is a great mom--and doesn't give herself enough credit! When she was little, she played endlessly with dolls. She has always had that maternal love--I am so glad she is able to live her childhood dream! She is a good wife. She is very loyal to her husband, and loves him. She tries hard to make her home a wonderful place--and succeeds!
She is so pretty (I call her the pretty sister). My friend Kelsey pointed out she looks like Diane Lane--and she does! She keeps herself clean, attractive, and tidy. However that is not the most important thing to her--she is more concerned that she is pretty on the inside, and seeks for all that is good for her mind and spirit.
If I didn't have the phone to call her, I would be lonely. I call for advice, encouragement, stress relief, and a good laugh. Thanks Sis! I'm glad I have you!!! Hope it is a good day!
4 comments:
This is my very favorite present! My birthday is complete :)!
Happy B-day, Jill. I think that you and your sis are incredible women who have lived a whole lot of life in a short amount of time. I'm always impressed with the way you have bonded together in light of your mother's death. You are both an inspiration to me. Have a great day!!
HAPPY HAPPY B-day Jillian!
I have always admired you and Jen's great relationship! You both are so lucky to have each other!
Danette
Jillian, I know you don't remember me - I met you when you were in your early teens. You were such a sweet person even then, at a point that most kids aren't so sweet! How nice to find that you have not only grown to be a gracious, lovely person, but that your beloved sister thinks the world of you!
Jen, I have loved visiting your blog! I just started one of my own, and it is so mangy compared to yours!! Gotta take some blog lessons, I guess... Hope all is well!
Post a Comment