Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Speech

I'm posting Jillian's speech. She did a good job writing it! Elections are tomorrow. She is running against 3 other students, including an 8th grader. We've had a chat about tears, and failure. Failure can teach us how to improve, and to do better. My sister is a great example...in the 7th grade she lost her first election. In the 8th grade, she ran for election again, despite her past failure. It was the begining of a long career of student body service. She even paid for her college eduction as leadership officer at Utah State.

Here's the speech:

Hi! I’m Jillian Nielson and I am running for Student Body Historian.

I want to be historian because I think I could do a good job. I’m not afraid to express my opinion, I am a hard worker, and I also like to have fun! I want to help plan and organize our middle school dances and pep assemblies. I would take pictures of these activities, and all our sporting events. I am willing to organize these memories into a yearbook, so we can look back and see all the great things we did this year! Adrian Middle School is a great place to be! We have great teachers, fantastic students, awesome football players, super volleyball players, and dedicated cheerleaders . I want to represent you! So make the right choice, and vote for me, Jillian for Historian!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

I didn't realize they were the only ones hanging up posters....they are over achievers... Good for them. I am excited to see how the day turns out.

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for her!! Let us know how it all turned out!