Growing up, I lived close to my Grandma and Grandpa Maughan. They were a big part of my childhood--we had Sunday dinner with them, sleepovers, and outings such as sand dune fun and chokecherry picking. One summer I had two jobs--Grandma's house was the perfect place to change uniforms--plus she always had dinner for me. A few years ago she was going thru household items--she gave me her Mikasa china! I am so lucky to have such a beautiful keepsake! The story behind it goes: Grandma was planning on retiring from her lifelong career as an RN. Before she retired, she wanted to have a nice set of china--and so she budgeted and made the purchase.
I haven't had a place to put this china, so it has been in a box. I am so happy to finally give these dishes a home! We might even use them...maybe...when the kids are older...

1 comment:
That is really neat, it is nice to get keepsacks, and be able to put them somewhere special.
Post a Comment