Bret got to relax a little!
We took a family vacation 2 weeks ago to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Monday we went to Silverwood Park (a Lagoon type park) for a day. We swam at Boulder Beach--Lizzie's favorite was the wave pool and the lazy river. Kurt, Jillian, Erin and Bret went on the big slides. Erin was the only injury--she got a goose egg on the side of her head after her tube flipped and she hit her head on the side of the slide. We watched a "Vegas style magic show"--it was quite entertaining to watch the card tricks and disappearing acts. The rides in the amusment park were fun. Bret, Kurt and I went together on the "Plunge"--the one that takes you up couple hundred feet, then drops you like a rock.
This one was a little hard for me...it is ok for me to take risk, but when it involves my kids...I kept saying to Kurt, "keep your head back!" The last ride we went on was Rattlesnake Rapids--our family of 6 were able to ride together--Erin and Lizzie got off that ride completely soaked. Bret, Jillian and myself were quite wet, but Kurt was dry. We laughed at that!
We had fun, but Bret and I took Disneyland off our vacation list. The kids were too scared to go on too many rides!
Tuesday we toured Lake Coeur d'Alene. We walked on the longest boardwalk in the world, and rode a riverboat around the lake.
A nice lady approached me on the boat--she said "I was waiting to take a picture of something interesting, and I saw your family all lined up." She emailed me the pictures. Thanks Kathryn!

4 comments:
I'm glad you guys got out of town for a little while. Sounds like you had fun. i bet we see our husbands sometime in November what do you think?
You guys are such a cute family! Sounds like a fun trip.
SO FUN!!! It looked relaxing. (I think that was the boat we took when we went up there. I seriouly recognized that house, too. lol)
Looks like fun! You have such a cute family - we sure miss you and everyone from the Owyhee ward!
Post a Comment