Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Well Hello family!
Once again I ask myself, has it really been a week since the last time I wrote? I cant believe how fast it all goes! 
The work here in Pelileo goes on! We have had success all week and we hope to continue with that success. It has been an interesting week trying to adjust to my companion. He is from Guatemala, and well, he tends to act like an 8 year old for the most part. But, I am learning a ton from him on how to be pacient! I am greatful for him, and his desire to serve the Lord. He has done quite a large amount of bad things during his mission (he has told me all), but he has a testimony and wants to be here. So together we set a few goals on the first day of transfers. our first goal is to keep him in the mission! He has to call President Ghent every sunday night to report to him all that he has done in the week, if he has been obedient, and all that. He has had some close calls with President for sure, but I can tell that President wants to keep him here, and so I will do what I have to to keep him serving as an honorable missionary. It sure isnt easy, I wont pretend it is, but I hope that I can help change his life. That is why President sent him to me. It definitely takes its toll, I am even more tired then I have been before, but I hope to reap the rewards of my work. 
We also had another baptism this week! I absolutely love it! I have baptized almost five weeks in a row now! I feel extremely blessed to be in a mission, country, and area with people that are willing to love and serve the Lord. I couldnt imagine serving anywhere else. I look back in my life, and I realize that the lord has been preparing me almost every minute to be a missionary in the Quito Ecuador Mision. It goes to show that God really has a plan for everyone! My testimony is becoming stronger every day. Something I have been trying to do lately is include the lord more in the work. I realize that it is his work, and I am nothing more then I simple farm boy from Oregon. I have seen his hand more and more in the work, and I literally feel guided by him every day. Out of all the conversions I have had so far here in the mission, I am more pleased with the one that didnt involve a baptism here in Ecuador: Mine! I plan to continue to develop my testimony and understanding of the Plan and Gospel of Jesus Christ. I too have thought a lot about home and the family this week (especially my motorcycle!! Tis the season) but I realize every day that I should not be anywhere else. 
For the baptism, I promised the family Morales (the 28 year old son, Carlos, was baptised) I would do a special musical number in english. So I and Sister Markham sang in english nearer my god to thee. I kind of have changed my mind about music being nerdy...I kinda like singing I guess..Something funny about the baptism was that it was super cold that day, super windy, and rain all day. So when we did the baptisms at night, I wanted to feel a little warmer...so i kind of dipped Carlos pretty deep in the water so I could get deeper into the water too. I made it down to my shoulder, and we both got out. I usually change in the President´s office, but it was busy! So I had to sit out in the hall for fifteen minutes in wet clothes to change! FREEZING! To make matters worse, the sister missionaries of my district went around to congratualate there investigator that was baptized, and found me standing there soaking wet in my white clothes. They sure had a hoot making fun of me while I was there shivering and waiting. I had to admit it was kind of funny the circumstance I was in though. 
I think the best news of all this week is the fact that I HAVE WRITTEN IN MY JOURNAL EVERY DAY THIS WEEK!! Yep, you all read correctly! I have been super dead tired, but after giving the informants of my district, I have written in my journal about the day. I think that deserves a package from home!;) 
Well, I kind of have run out of investigatores..That is a problem! I am back to searching! But I am not upset by any means. I have been blessed for my diligence with baptisms, and I will continue to be blessed depending on my faith and work ethic. So it wont be too long until we have more people in the water! 
I appreciate your letters and thoughts! Thanks so much for the support! I love that I have such a wonderful family back home to right to. Definitely the best family ever=) 
I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Nielson

1 comment:

Jillian said...

This is the best letter ever!