Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Letter #42

Hello family! Wow, once again another week has passed. It all seems to be going by too fast! 
Well, I honestly dont know where to start this week! It has been so crazy, it is hard to explain all, so I will start in order of time and how things happened. 
First, we the missionaries and our mission leader set up a huge activity for the branch! Outside on the soccor court we set up  carnival with tons of games and fun stuff. In order to play, you were given five white tcickets, and had to pay one ticket to play a game, and we gave them another colored ticket if they played. So afterwards, we went into the church and we had three more rooms set up of a casino, diskoteca (dance room) and also a room with videos of the church. afterwards, we shut off all the power, and basically judged everyone by their choices (tickets they had) and sent them to three other rooms we had prepared, the celestial kindgom (beautiful with food) the......i forgot the names of the kingdoms in english......bueno, el reino celestial, el terrestre, y el telestial. El reino Telestial tenia mucha basura y fue horrible, y el reino terrestre fue mas o menos. So that it was we sent them to, depending in their accions and choices. Afterwards we brought them all together to explain the plan of salvation, and so that was great! We got quite a few references for that, and i recomend activities to all missionaries who are struggling finding people to teach! 
Then, sunday came around, and everything changed! I hd a feeling I would be leaving, and so I went to the branch council kind of sad. president Panta made me bear my testimony and tell them all that i would be probably be leaving. So it was sad. I recieved my changes, and my compnaion and i headed out to tell everyone goodbye. It was super sad, everyone cried tons, but they all fed me with pizza and chicken, so i was more then happy. 
 Later that night, Elder Paz, the assistent to the president, gave me a call. He told me early my changes, and where I would be going. I am now in this sector, a part of quito in the city called Los Chillos. He told me I would be serving as a zone leader in this sector. Yes, Zone Leader. I am so very humbled in this moment. Like, down to my feet humble. I feel really great that the lord trusts me to lead others, and at the same time, I feel a little bit scared. To be a Zone Leader here in the mission and to only have 9 months in the mission is unheard of. But, I trust in the callings that president Christensen has made, and I am very excited to work my very hardest for my zone. i have really started to depend more in the lord these past few weeks, and i can feel his power through me when i testify. I love being a missionary! I love the trust the lord has in me, and i promise to always do everything i can to keep his trust. All depends on our obediance and faith. when we have these two things, we cannot fail. I have seen that in the mission, and i know i will continue to see it if i continue with diligence. I depend on the Lord for everything. I feel more and more in his debt every day. I just hope that i can bring more people under this joy that the atonement brings. I have a testimony now. I have seen too many miracles and have felt the spirit in my life too many times to ever deny it. I am a disciple of Christ, and I will follow his footsteps the best I can. 
This morning i finished off the very last pill that they gave me, so i hope i can start to gain back the weight i have lost! My new companion is elder velazco, from chile. He has quite a bit of time in the mission, and i can tell he is a great guy! I cant wait to ge to work with him. I finished with my last companion, elder velasquez. That, to be honest, was probably one of the hardest changes i have had so far. It was very tough to get along with him, but now, everything is well and better. I am really greatful for the lord and the chance to gain more patience and help out this elder. He has made a huge change in his life in this last change, and I hope he continues strongly. 
I am so happy to see that everything is going well in the family! You all seem very busy! But always remember that you need to pray and read the scriptures together every day. I have seen the differences in families that dont read the book of mormon and those that do, and i promise you many blessings and peace in the family if you read for 15 minutes together every day. Do it. 
Well family, this is what i have for you this week! Please pray for me extra hard in this week! Pray for my ability to be a leader and also for my zone, Los Chillos Norte. Thank you all so much for everything! I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! Work hard, be safe!

Love,
Elder Nielson 

No comments: