Well, this week has been a fast one. It seems like tons has happened, but at the same time nothing has happened. So i will see if i cant tell you everything.
Well, to start out, we are all healthy once again! Our zone is doing well, we are all working, and we hope to be able to keep the work going strong. The zone has really changed these two changes i have been here. It was a disobedient zone without much success. It was also recently opened, so it has been a struggle starting the work up. But, now we are rolling on all cylinders i feel. All of the missionaries in the zone brought an investigator to church this week, and generally we are all being obedient. So i feel that we are really forgetting ourselves and moving along with the work. I really do love my zone. Although the raining season has started, and it rained every day this week, it is a little piece of paradise. My companion and i compare it to a piece of the coast of ecuador, because the people are all friendly, and open. You can knock doors here and have success, unlike the downtown city of quito. But, they are different from the people of the coast becuase they are so much smarter! We really have the best of both worlds here in El Valle de Los Chillos. The name of this valley is really funny. valle is valley in spanish, and chillos in quichwa is valley as well. So, the name of the valley in english is "the valley of the valley." haha.
We are really working hard with quite a few families. We are really starting to have quite a few investigadores. It is hard to get them all in a lesson in one day, so we usually spend some time at night just talking with the investigatores to gain their trust on the phone. I have learned that being the friends of the investigators and earning their trust is almost as important as teaching. I am really sutyding more preach my gospel, and it tells us that we need to change the way we teach to fit the investigatores needs. I have really focused myself lately to listen to the whispers of the spirit to find the needs of the people. And, by following what i have learned, we have have a large amount of success in this week. We brought an extra large amount of investigatores and less active members to church. So needless to say, i really feel great and happy now.
We had interviews with president this week, and we talked a lot on many things. I really feel great1 He is a great president, and we have a great relationship. We joke around tons! I relly get along with him well. Before i prayed with him to start the interview, he asked, will you pray in english? I always like to check from interview to interview how the english of my missionaries is. (He said it like i was a latino learning english, because he remembered how bad i butched the pray in the last interview.) But, i practiced with elder romero, who, by the way, speaks english perfectly, and i got the prayer down. He explained to me that he really is happy that i have troubles in english. Generally i just struggle with gospel stuff. He explained to me that it was becuase i m putting my whole life and mind into the work, and he thanked me for being a consecrated missionary. I left the interview feeling very well and ready to work once again.
We have lots of plans to work hard this week, and so i hope that we can accomplish everything and help our zone out. I love the work. I love the lord! I am so happy. I cant believe how fast time has gone by. It really is a blessing to serve a mission. I wouldnt rather be anywhere else. As i complete the year mark this wednesday, it really is crazy to see the difference in my life. I am not the same person. Not even close. I cant wait for how much more changes the lord will help me with here in the mission. Thank you for everything family, I love you all so much!
Love,
Elder Nielson
1 comment:
Is it true 1 year mark tomorrow? He sounds like he is as doing as well as he was on day 1! Love to hear about all his hard work!!!!
Post a Comment