Hello family!
Well, as usuall, the week has past by super fast. I forgot to tell you last week that we were going to have transfers! I recieved my changes, and well, i was sent to leave my beloved conocoto. It is so hard to leave a sector! I honestly feel that a part of me was left behind there. I learned so much from conocoto, and i will always remember that sector. I learn a new principle in every sector, and i feel that what i learned from conocoto more then anything else is more about the atonement of christ. We all have the chance to change. Every day is a new day, and there is always hope to get better. I love feeling the joy and hapiness of knowing that.
I abosultely LOVED conference! So many of my questions were answered there! First, I came to the conference asking the question, "how can we believe in a modern day prophet?" I had this question in mind for a few investigatores with this very question. So, when the sunday morning session came and they talked about how we can sustain the prophet and his role in guiding us, i felt like god had answered my prayers. I felt the spirit so strong in that moment that it really impacted me. I have an even stronger testimony that Thomas S Monson is the living prophet with all of the keys of the priesthood that we need to perform ordinances to be redeemed our of sins. God called him, and he guides us in these latter days. I also came into conference with a personal question. How could i better apply the atonement in my life and the lives of others. Through the very first talk of general conference by Elder Packer, I learned that I can better my understanding of the atonement by studying it. So that is a new goal I have for myself now=) All in all, conference was a great booster for me, as well as for my investigators! The talk by Elder Bednar hit a perfect note for a family that we had attending, and i hope that my companion can baptize them this change! I pulled a few strings and talked with the Stake President and convinced him to set up a tv that would play the conference in english at the stake center, so i sent the whole zone there so we could hear the voice of the prophet. =)
Ok, now I will explain to you a little more of the transfers and where I am at now. I was called to be the Zone Leader of the Zone Los Chillos Sur. The other zone that is in the same valley as i was in before. We share the stake, so I know a few of the missionaries there. My new house is literally about 20 minutes away from my old house in the city of Armenia. So that is really tough to be able to see my old sector.:/ I hope to be able to focus myself in the work of THIS sector and THIS zone to have success. I am the senior companion, and I am training my new companion because it is his first change as a zone leader. I am actually feeling a bit overwhelmed to be honest. I have the weight of twenty missionaries and the welfare of a whole zone on my shoulders..My companion is a great guy, Elder Riffo from Chile. He is hilarious, and I can tell we are going to be great friends and that he will help me a lot, but, I still feel a little alone. The two other zone leaders that were here before both left this transfer, and so we are going to be reopening the sector. Neither of us has any clue how to get anywhere, so we will be relying heavily on the members! I know that this is a great chance for me to grow, and I see that if i want to have success, I will have to depend on the Lord. Alone, it is a huge task. But, with the lord, all is possible. So i will be working on humbling myself before the lord to be able to let him direct my paths every minute. He has given me this huge responsability for a reason, and he will bless me with the way to complete his will. I hope to not let him down, and in all my ways, I will acknowledge him. It is for him that i am here, and it is him i am serving. It is his work. He is the head of the church. He alone can save us, if we choose to accept him and complete the will of the father. May we all be more humble and willing to follow the example of the savior Jesus Christ in completing the will of the father before our own. I love you all so much! Have an excellent week!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Nielson
p.s. Sorry, had tons of pics but left my camera in the new house! I will send them in next week. Also, got the birthday package!!=) Love you guys tons! i will find a member so we can make the cake for my birthday! Also, i have decided what i want for christmas. I dont really want a package with toys and stuff..more then anything, i want a photo album. One with lots of pictures of all the family, cousins, and everyone! I want it to be kind of like a "since you have been gone" album, updating me on things, and also pictures from the past. That is what i want more then any toy or anything, so please take your time on making such a thing! Also, I want to buy cows. I want into that. Could you please tell me how much money i have in my bank account? I want to start investing there. So please get back to me and lets make a plan on how i can get in to the business a little. I also want you to sign me up for byu and utah state. I am really having some life changing ideas in my head about what i want to study....we can talk about that at christmas. Love you all tons! Have a great week!
Kurt
No comments:
Post a Comment