Friday, June 20, 2008

Journaling Class


We had a Mother/Daughter activity at the church a week ago. Lizzie was wild (in fact she wet her pants), and Jillian and Erin had a good time. We made headbands and lipgloss (recipe includes shortening, food coloring and Kool-aid!!). I sat in on a journaling class by Karli Cleaver. I learned a few new things I would like to share with all the bloggers in my life:

blurb.com is a site you can "slurp" your entire blog to...and they make a book out of your blog! Karli had hers there...it was so cool! I am now committing to this blog, so when the year is over, I will have "Nielson 2008" bound nicely in a hardback cover!

Something I already knew, but I needed this reminder for better scripture study:
Keep a journal nearby during personal scripture study. Before you begin your study, list questions you have, problems/trials you are experiencing. The answers you need will come during your scripture study. (I can't remember who the source is for this...it reminds me of Eyring). I am amazed at the difference this makes! What help I glean as I read and study!

Fontifier.com is a site that converts your personal handwriting into a font for $9.00...if I loved my handwriting, this would be tempting.

For those who are dieting...Karli recommends a food journal. Write down everything you eat for the day; it is a way to become accountable for your intake. For me, this would be a frightening experience.

1 comment:

smdc said...

Thanks for the blurb.com info... I was wondering how to keep this!!