Sunday, September 14, 2008

Campaign Results





Friday went well. I went to watch the kids deliver their speeches...just because at the last minute Kurt changed his speech to include Lizzie...at the end of his speech, she said "vote for Kurt!". It was pretty cute. I have a picture of the crowd right after she said her famous words...

Kurt won the election for Student Body Pres, and Jillian lost the election for historian. Kurt was happy, and Jillian was sad...it was a rough day for her. She lost her volleyball game and the elections all in the same day. However, she had many many many phone calls and words of encouragement.--THANKYOU!-- She is going to ask the girl who won if she can be on her yearbook committee.

I am glad the kids had this experience. I think the scariest part was something they weren't prepared for...after all the candidates had given their speeches, the teacher had the candidates answer questions from the audience. Kurt was asked "what can you do to make this school a better place?" He answered "we can all be kind to each other. If you see someone being bullied, or left out, be their friend and stick up for one another."

Enjoy these pictures. Adrian has a new elementary/middle school. These pictures are taken in the hallway of the middle school, and include ALL the students from the middle school. The best picture of Jillian was taken after she delivered her speech, slapping a high five from one of her classmates. I love it!

p.s. after this whole experience, I am shopping for a new camera! These pictures stink...

2 comments:

Jillian said...

I love Kurt's answer....he is such a good guy. You have awesome kids! That is a credit to how great of parents they have.

Rob said...

Congratulations Kurt! Hang in their Jillian, your efforts in campaigning will pay off!