Sunday, September 14, 2008

Eighteen Years

 



Bret and I had a conversation the other day...I need to blog it so this moment in time doesn't slip away unnoticed.

It was fall of 1990--late August--when I began my first semester at Rick's College in Rexburg, Idaho. I was 18 years old. My roommate Tricia had a cute and fun twin brother who would stop by often to eat and visit. In fact, I even dated this cute brother...and three years later I married Bret!

Bret and I did the math. We met when we were 18...which was 18 years ago! We have known each other for the same length of time that we haven't known each other.

This may make me an old person...but, age has its advantages. Knowing Bret for 18 years is the best!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Blake and Rhonda said...

What a fun memory! It is amazing how fast time goes.

Vote 4 Lexi said...

Happy for Kurt, SAD for Jilly!! Can you believe we were at Ricks that long ago!! Yikes, we sure are YOUNG!!

Janetlee said...

You both look so great...18 years later too. Happy anniversary.

wyomingerica said...

wow that is crazy congrads on your anniversary. Happy for Kurt, sad for Jilly.

Anonymous said...

I remember those Ricks days! You were so cute together!! I'm so glad that things worked out for you and that you are still going strong!

Anonymous said...

I know that picture!!