
I really want a Cricut...Jillian wants one too. After making campaign posters, I think I could justify this purchase. The bulletin boards in my primary room are terribly drab---I have seen Cricut work on bulletin boards, and oh, it is beautiful. I also make cards, and do minimal amounts of scrapbooking (thanks to this blog).
If you own one, do you love it? What do you use it for? Are replacement parts (blades, ink, etc.) expensive? What is a fair price to pay? What model would you recommend I buy? Should I use a 40% coupon at Joanns? What other advice would you give me?
7 comments:
When I got Lexi's cricut, we got it at Thanksgiving time for an extremely lower price. They sell them at Walmart, here for like 184 (6X12) and 288 (big machine, I think that is the price??) At Thanksgving they did have the cricuts at walmart for sale (only the small one as the big one didn't come out until Jan) for $119. I bought about 20 of them and sold them on Ebay and made pretty good $. On Ebay they pretty much go for $150-$200 for small machine, I haven't watched the big machine. I would prefer the big machine. They have all kinds of toys that go with now like pens that will write and a machine called the jukebox that allows you to use 6-8 (not sure) cartridges at a time instead of taking the out and in. They also have a designer program now that hooks up to your puter so you can design things (don't know how it works but I think you could move words to a certain spot on the paper or make the words in different size other than the basic sizes. We love our cricut. We use it for cards, scrapping, lex does alot of vinyl stuff on it. That was a mouthful
I don't think you can use a 40% coupon at Joanns. Also I love the song Falling Slowly, where did you get it? I can't find it anywhere.
Thanks for the help, Tricia. Tami Peterson called this morning and told me about a great site called ohmycrafts.com. The cricut expressions is 10.00 cheaper than what Walmart sells it for. I may wait until I can see if anyone is selling the cricut on Black Friday...
I found Falling Softly on Playlist.com. It is on the radio--I saw them perform on David Letterman (youtube). Listen to the last two songs on my Playlist. They are by Glen Hansard too.
Let me know how you like your new toy! I have been hanging my nose over the Cricut's beautiful lettering for years! Definitely not a NEED for me, but it would be a nice indulgence!!
I thought about this, just this morning. I have a friend who owns half a cricut. She bought it with one other friend. They just get it back and forth to each other when the other needs it...this also let them buy/use double the cartridges--they share the ones that they each buy. Maybe an idea? Good luck...they are awfully fun!
I'M BACK!!! :) I think my sister-in-law has one. (I think). I'll ask her some advice. I remember her wanting me to buy one here for her because they were cheaper here than in Elko around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I never did go buy one for her, but if my memory serves me right she found one fairly cheap. Hey--what did you ever buy Lizzy for her birthday? The surfboard idea is too funny. I love Lizzy! or as Mylie says, "Whizzy!" HA!
If you get one, get the BIG one-the Expression. I got the small one and within 2 months, I NEEDED the Big one! You can do SO much more with the big one-bigger letters, bigger Princesses (I got both princess cartridges too! and you can cut them out up to 15 inches tall and stick them on the wall!!)
Kelsey's SIL-Mary
Post a Comment