Thursday, April 1, 2010

Erin is 10


Erin is happy to be 10. She said to me this morning (the day after her birthday) "I'm a decade old!" I asked her if she felt any differently...she said "no".

I have the same sentiments. The older I get, the more I begin to understand eternity. When I was young, the concept of eternity was mind-boggling. However now as I age, yes, my body feels differently, but my mind doesn't. The gift of mortal life I am thankful for...experience, wisdom (hopefully), emotional and intellectual growth, love. And with Erin, I learn so much because she is in my life. Thanks to my sweet girl!

Happy Birthday, Erin!

1 comment:

Janetlee said...

I was just saying this same thing the other day. My body is old and round but I don't feel old. I don't feel old and yet I am very grateful for the life experience, even the trials because it helps us to recognize joyful times like now. Life is so good! My Shandell will be 10 in December. Amazing.