Monday, September 1, 2014

#49

Hello family! Well another week in the books. Can you believe in less then four weeks i will have a year in the mission? Wow. I feel really old. It is weird to think that the time passes by so fast. Some of my friends go home this change, including elder CastaƱeda, so it is starting to sink in that really the mission isnt that much time...
Well, this week has been a crazy week. I feel that i say every week is a crazy week, but this week, so far, has taken the cake. 
So to start off, the new missionaries came in this thursday. A companionship of sisters, and a new missionary from california. A sister and him are being trained now, and it is funny to see the difference in a new missionary and one with experiance. It makes me wonder if i ever opened my eyes that wide when i was first starting the mission;P. We split our city of conocoto in three parts, so now the sisters are opening the third sector here. Isnt that crazy? One ward, three companionships? Wow! The work is moving forward very fastly.
I forgot how much of a blessing it was to not have sister missionaries in the zone....haha....i promise i am not complaining, i would just enjoy not being woke up at 6 every morning having to go to the houses of the sisters to teach them how to turn on the breaker to their shower...haha. We have been showing them around their sector, and i think they should be ok and not be getting lost now..we almost ran out of money on our phone calling and recieving their calls, trying to find out in what part of their sector they were in. The best was recieving the call "Elders, we are by a field of cows with black spots. Do you know where we are?" hahahah! But actually we are very greatful to have sisters in the zone. They  bring a maturity and a spirit that really helps us as elders concentrate more. Plus, they know how to make cookies.=) The missionaries in our zone are really great. They all are settled into their sectors and ready to work. In our zone meeting, we talked with the missionaries on the importance of obediance. We set goals for baptisms for all the companionships, and we promised that through their obediance they will complete their goals. Elder Romero and i have a goal of twelve baptisms in this six week period, so we got some work to do!=) I am really happy with my companion, he is a really great and honest guy. He is a martial arts fighter, so we do a lot of weight lifting, which i am happy to have someone to push me! He also wants to be obediant, so it will be a great change. President Christensen said something really cool about obediance. He said, obediance in the mission field brings satisfaction, but exact obediance brings miracles. So we are expecting miracles according to our works. 
I loved the pictures of the girls! Jill is definitely getting pretty! I cant believe she is a senior! Erin also! She looks more to me like the senior! Wow! And lizzie, the little crazy one! Haha i loved to see her in the background of the pictures acting like a monster! She seems more like me every day. I laughed SO hard hearing the stories about her this week! Throwing a football? HILARIOUS!! Who would have thought? We are definitely going to be playing football together when i am home! And i have no clue what you were thinking mom allowing her to get a trumpet! You all will never sleep! It so fits her personality! I love it that she plans on waking up erin. All three of the girls seem to have grown up so much! I cant wait to see them and see all the personal growth that has happened.     
Tomorrow we are having another leaders council, we have the agenda, and we are going to have a lot of open debates and talking sessions about things in the mission, so i will let you know if we decide on any changes. It goes from 8:30 to 3:30...so i am super excited to be sitting for that long..=p but i know we will recieve revelation for the mission and zone. So it will be great! 
Ok family, i am doing well, healthy, and super busy! The time passes by faster and faster every day. I am seeing miracles every day. My testimony of the savior grows as well. I know he lives. I know he guides me, every day. I feel his presence and his love more then ever here. He is sustaining me, and will continue to do so. I know that. I love you all so much! I am so proud of everyone in the family! Keep up the good work, have tons of fun, and be safe! 
Love,

Elder Nielson






No comments: