All is well down here in ecuador! I am happy. Really, I am happy. I am changing myself so i can be more dedicated to the lord, and it makes me happy to be completely commited. Things with my comp are a lot better now. We are happy, and working hard together. Our zone is looking great this month. We have plans to break all past records! And, if things go as planned, we can do it easily. All is well here. I am healthy, and i am working harder then i have ever worked in the mission. I am really starting to feel the spirit more. It doesnt matter in what. Songs, talks, testimonies, everything. I absolutely love it. I am studying more the atonement, and it really blows my mind to think that someone so special, that literally was on the right hand of god, came to this earth in such humble condiciones to die. What joy it gives me to know that through him the chains of not only death, but also sin are broken. I love my savior and what he did for me. I will forever be in his debt, but the least i can do is help other people feel the same joy that i feel through him.
This week was great! We worked extremely hard, and had a great amount of success. In fact, we passed the standard of excellence this week! Wow! We brought a family of investigatores to church and also a less active family. We hope to be able to reactivate the family and baptise the other within this year. We have one or two baptisms for sunday morning. It is the brother davila that had his interview a while back, and, we also hope to baptise his wife. We shall see! Keep them in your prayers this week. We had an interesting thing happen saturday night. The husband of the investigating family that we have came home from work crying. He works for a company that buys and sells brand shoes, and during work hours he and his companion were taking inventory of the shoes. They were about ready to close up shop, but, when they went to shut the warehouse doors around back, three teenagres ran in with guns and knifes. They locked the doors and had the investigator and his companion on the ground by gunpoint. They knocked out his companion by hitting him in the head with a pistol, and tried to do the same to our investigator, but when he was kneeling, he pushed the feet of one of the robbers and knocked him over because he was close to a table. Another robber went to hit him in the head with a pistol, but he held up his wrist and hit him there. They then slammed him agaisnt the wall and he got knocked out too. We saw his wrist, and it looks broken to me. He is getting it checked out now, so we arent sure. He has a big knot in the center of his forehead too. More then anything, his pride is hurt. The robbers stole about 20,000 dollers in shoes. So his company is going through taht process now. He has had a few interviews with the police this morning, and so i hope they can help him and the company out. Interesting how the devil works!
This pday was fun, we had the zone come over to our chapel and we played a few fun games. I finally broke down and bought me a basketball-i suppose it will be my christmas gift for myself-and we played that and ping pong and uno. It was way fun to enjoy time as a zone.
We had the leaders conference this last week, and it was great to learn more on how to work as leaders in the misison. This week we are having our chirstmas dinner with president, so we are excited for that! We are going to be there all day. In the morning it will be a conference, and we will capacitate, afterwards, we will have lunch, and then a family home evening with President and his family! We are going to show a few talents too. We got a few people that are playiong piano, violin, and my comp, elder scanlon, and i are singing solos to "we three kings of orient are". Yep, you read it right. I will send pics next week.
Well family, this is about all i got for you this week! I hope you all have an excellent week! I am safe, happy, and healthy! Nothing more i could want. I love you all so much, and am always praying for your health and safety.
Love,
Elder Nielson
No comments:
Post a Comment