Monday, December 15, 2014

#64

Buenas Tardes Familia Nielson! 
Otra ves estoy aquí, en frente de la computadora escribiendo. El tiempo pasa demasiado rápido!!!
Well, all seems well back home! I am glad to hear from you all once again. This week has been super crazy! But, the crazy weeks are becoming normal, and the normal weeks are dissapearing! I love the mission! At times we hardly have time to sleep at night, but all is going super well. I know that the lord is sustaining me. Without his help, it would be impossible to work like we are working. There is no doubt in my mind about that! It just reminds me that I am in the work of the Lord. He does what he needs to be done through his servents, blessing them with strength to continue on. 
To start off the things of the week, we had an awesome dinner with President Christensen and family! We spent all day there in quito, and we had a zone conference as well as a dinner. My companion and I were asked to give a capacitation about the importance of time management, so we were up late a few nights trying to get everything prepared. We did really well with the lesson, and we felt the spirit very strongly. Our zone is amazing. We are doing excellent now. We are baptizing more then any other zone in the mission, and President thanked us for the service we are giving to the zone. We feel great now for the blessings we are seeing. We have fasted every sunday for this transfer, and we have seen so many blessings for that! I really have gained a testimony of the fast through this transfer. If we sacrifice for the lord, he will bless us even more then what we had before! After the conference, we had the dinner! Well, it was a lunch, but it was great with american ham and funeral potatoes!! I miss them so much...it was so great to eat them once again! It was an interesting thinking that my next christmas will be back home....wow..It was also kind of funny to see all of the new missionaries there for their first christmas..oh how time has past! After the lunch, we had a family home evening! A district shared a spiritual thought, and we also played games. One game got wild, and President ended up giving me a pretty good whack in the arm! Everyone laughed pretty hard about that haha...He is a great guy and we have a great relationship. Afterwards, we had the talent show and i sang my solo. All went well, no problems. I feel like a cat being forced to bathe when i sing solos...but..all was good! Today we went to the mall of the valley to ask permission to sing this saturday, and so we as a zone will be part of a christmas concert there in front of hundreds of people...oh boy...But, i feel the spirit when i sing, so i cant complain too bad i guess. 
We also had our baptism this week! Celso Davila was baptized! What a super spiritual experiance it was! There are no water heaters down here, they just use something called a "calefon", which heats water by electricity. The one in the church is currently not working, so we woke up at 5 on sunday to start boiling water in the church to fill the font. We got it done, and all went well! The water was warm, and the baptism went well. The baptism was quite funny, Celso has a fear of water, so i said the prayer to baptize him, and went to baptize him, but halfway down, he stiffened up and didnt want to go down, so i ended up forcing him down..quite funny, but we completed the ordinance on the first try. All the ward attended the baptism, it was the first baptism in about 10 months, so everyone was super happy for him! All of his family attended, and all were crying afterwards. They loved it! They attended church too, so we are hoping that we can baptize them the end of this year, Our chant now is "Nuevo Año, Nueva Vida!!!" Or, new year, new life! haha. We are happy. We are working hard, and we are seeing miracles. I love my mission. I wouldnt ever trade anything for these two years i have! I love ecuador! These people are chosen of the Lord. The country is amazing. I am so blessed to be here. I love the mission, I love you all, and I am always praying for you! Have an excellent week! 
Con amor,
Elder Nielson

No comments: