Monday, December 22, 2014

#65


Hey family! Good to hear from you this week! All seems well and you all seem happy! 

Today I am super sick! Last night we made something from chile called "completos" with some members. It is a hot dog with avacado. We assume the avacado we bought was bad, because me and my comp are taking a hit to the stomach now! But it will pass by tomorrow. 

Today has been an interesting and fun day! We have spent it with elder scanlon and elder rivera. We went to the mall and took pictures, and printed some of them to make a christmas card for the members here. It should turn out cool! Now we are writing in a cyber with aboutt half the zone. It is called the koala, and it is in the middle of the valley, so everyone usually comes to it. It is pretty good. 

This week has been what i call a "trunky" week. The zone is thinking a lot in christmas, but, i guess "tis the season". We are trying to keep the focus in on things, so we will see if things get better this week. I kind of doubt it...But, I guess it has to happen at least once a year. 

Tonight we have a dinner with the stake presidency, so that should be a super fun time! Both zones are going to be there, so we are thinking about 40 missionaries! We are excited. I will send pics. 

This week has gone by super fast. There hasnt been too much action. We even had a chance to study for a few days! It was nice to sit down for a few hours to be able to study. I studied, and I continue to study the atonement. With more understanding of the atonement, we are able to apply it to our lives. I studied the importance of the sacrement this week. Two weeks ago my comp and i were in splits with some members in one sunday morning to pick up our investigatores and I didnt make it in time to take the sacrement, and it had its toll on me that week! It reminds me of the importance of renewing our covenents. We sin so much that it is neccessary to take the sacrement every week! But to have the atonement apply through the sacrement, we have to be willing to MAKE a better week. Although we didnt do so well last week, this week we can do better. Through this way, we recieve forgiveness of the sins of the past week. We start the week out clean once again. It is really a blessing in my life, and I am trying to apply it more and take full advantage of the atonement of my savior Jesus Christ. 

Well family, this has been my week! I am super excited to see you all for Christmas! Best gift I could recieve=) I love you all tons! 

Elder Nielson 

No comments: